Monday, August 2, 2010

As many of you know, I did not have a television when I lived in Los Angeles. Thanks to the internet this did not mean that I couldn't watch my favorite TV shows, but my commercial exposure was fairly limited. I have to say, I am totally weirded out by what I am now seeing. The enormous gangsta hamsters selling Kia cars creep me out. Combine that with the kittens in Georgian costumes (you know, the ones selling Quiznos sandwiches) and it is truly the stuff of nightmares. Furthermore, why is there a Scottish genie in a tuxedo selling fiber cereal? I can just hear Don Draper now, "I like the genie idea, but women might find an Arab man too threatening." Then Paul Kinsey says, "I know, who better to sell our cereal than James Bond circa 1962!?" At this point Peggy says something sensible, but nobody listens.

Yeah, I might have watched a lot of Mad Men recently.

You know what commercials I really like? Those Clydesdale commercials for Budweiser. Unfortunately it will never convince me to buy the beer.

Anyway...that's it I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment